Re: (TV) Verlaine did WHAT?!

One thing we do know about RL is that he has bipolar disorder. He may well have had it back then and was self-medicating with heroin (and alcohol?). People with bipolar are prone, at the very least, to self-aggrandizement during their manic phase, which is what I think we were seeing when Richard claimed that the Radiant Monkey record (which I confess I don't know) would be as good/important as Are You Experienced?, Exile on Main Street, etc.

What that means with respect to any particular statement is, of course, hard to know. Like any of us, Richard Hell sees things through the scrim of his own experience, which may lead him to play up negative aspects of RL. And we all know Tom likes to fuck with interviewers, though I don't know if he does so with respect to very factual matters. I'll leave all that for Television scholars like Leo to determine.

- Jesse