Re: (TV) New/old song

I never heard of anyone getting royalties for songs performed live. I just don't think it works that way. I've been in many bands that covered songs, including my first band that did a few Television songs. Tom never asked me for royalties for performing his songs, he was just curious what my guitarist played as we were a 3 piece. Tom knew I was doing these songs, my next band covered Judy and Tom typed out the lyrics for us because we couldn't decipher them all from tapes. So I don't think Richard is getting nor expecting any royalties.

The second YouTube link Glen posted of  "I'm Gonna Find You" ( the 1974 Ork
loft rehearsal version) is my upload. 2+years ago I noticed most unreleased
Television songs were not yet findable at YT, but thought it would be good to
make them available there & be heard more widely, so upped that one, plus
Horizontal Ascension, Kingdom Come, Poor Circulation, Hard on Love, & UFO. For
some reason(s),among those uploads, "I'm Gonna Find You" has received by far
the most YT views, at 65 thousand by now. None of the other Television I
upped  come anywhere close for views. Among them, it's the unexpected "hit"!
I'm sure much of it has to do with other sites that get some traffic embedding
it.  Dangerous Minds featured it in one of their posts. Plus, judging by
youtuber comments & thumbs votes, viewers seem to like it. Richard Lloyd left a comment there claiming he wrote the music for the song "I'm Gonna Find You",
an interesting "scoop". But will Lloyd
receive a royalty payment from Tom & co. performing "his" song in Sao Paulo?
Doubtful! (btw, re. the lyrics posted in the video description, thanks go to
Deb for kindly transcribing them & passing along her transcription I pasted
there).
Is it possible Television may have resurrected this ancient,
never-played-live song in 2013 partly due to "popular requests" from people
who may have become familiar with it via YT who may have asked members of the
band about it?
-Bob