 From: Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com>
To:
tv@obbard.com
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 2:45:16 PM
Subject: Re: (TV)
New/old song

I never heard of anyone getting royalties for songs performed
live. I just don't think it works that way. I've been in many bands that
covered songs, including my first band that did a few Television songs. Tom
never asked me for royalties for performing his songs, he was just curious
what my guitarist played as we were a 3 piece. Tom knew I was doing these
songs, my next band covered Judy and Tom typed out the lyrics for us because
we couldn't decipher them all from tapes. So I don't think Richard is getting
nor expecting any royalties.

The second YouTube link Glen posted of  "I'm
Gonna Find You" ( the 1974 Ork
loft rehearsal version) is my upload. 2+years
ago I noticed most unreleased
Television songs were not yet findable at YT,
but thought it would be good to
make them available there & be heard more
widely, so upped that one, plus
Horizontal Ascension, Kingdom Come, Poor
Circulation, Hard on Love, & UFO. For
some reason(s),among those uploads, "I'm
Gonna Find You" has received by far
the most YT views, at 65 thousand by now.
None of the other Television I
upped  come anywhere close for views. Among
them, it's the unexpected "hit"!
I'm sure much of it has to do with other
sites that get some traffic embedding
it.  Dangerous Minds featured it in one
of their posts. Plus, judging by
youtuber comments & thumbs votes, viewers
seem to like it. Richard Lloyd left
a comment there claiming he wrote the
music for the song "I'm Gonna Find You",
an interesting "scoop". But will
Lloyd
receive a royalty payment from Tom & co. performing "his" song in Sao
Paulo?
Doubtful! (btw, re. the lyrics posted in the video description, thanks
go to
Deb for kindly transcribing them & passing along her transcription I
pasted
there).
Is it possible Television may have resurrected this ancient,
never-played-live song in 2013 partly due to "popular requests" from people
who may have become familiar with it via YT who may have asked members of the
band about it?
-Bob