Re: (TV) "the fire " video/

This is from Keith's site from Elektra 4/78 (Tom Verlaine)on The Fire:

"The Fire" (Tom Verlaine) : "The weird organ sound is an ondioline, invented by a Frenchman in the 40s. It's a 36-note keyboard instrument that can quiver a note by shaking the key. The song is influenced by an old album, 'Music From The Twilight Zone'. Another strange sound is a switchblade knife bowing the guitar strings on the intro. The lyrics are the story of two people whose interior experience suddenly matches up with the world around them. It's difficult to explain."

I just love the lyrics to this song, it blends so beautifully w/ the music.