Re: (TV) 2nd Best Verlaine Interview Ever [in Australia!]

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 09:35:35 +1100
"christopher hollow" <doughboy@netspace.net.au> wrote:

> I also got to speak to Tom in the lead-up to the shows and really enjoyed
> it.
> It was originally published in the October edition of Rhythms here. It was
> also put up on an online mag called Taste in Music.
>
> "Interviews are not always fun," Tom says. "But, in retrospect, they're
> always funny." And this one is very true to form.

This is one of the best, for sure.  You can tell when Tom's frustrated
by an interview/interviewer (generally when they have too great a sense of
self-importance), but this sounds like he had a good time,

Fun side note - he said he's never heard one of his songs being busked.
One night a friend of mine was having one of his big bonfires, and there
were folks with guitars.  At a quiet moment, my son starts in with the
intro to MM.  Because I don't know both parts, I start doubling the first
line, allowing him to take Tom's part.  That's when I hear someone a few
yards away say "Holy shit, they're playing Marquee Moon!"  So much fun.