(TV) Tech Qs on Best Stategy in Downloading YouTube videos to Guarantee Best Video Quality Possible

Before some of the YouTube videos of the 2013 World Tour disappear, I am
planning

on downloading them and then subsequently a creating DVD(s) of the downloads

[especially of the better ones, e.g., back in Nov. Philip commented on the
San Francisco videos: "These are great. Not only are the videos good
quality, but the performances are all quite strong "].

I am seeking some advice about how to guarantee I obtain the best quality
videos possible when I do my downloads, and create/burn the DVD(s):

First FACT:  I have already set my YouTube Account Settings to be:

Video playback quality:

Always choose the best quality for my connection and player size,

and Always play HD on fullscreen (when available).

Click Save to make your change.

Annotations: Show annotations on videos. Click Save to make your change.

Captions: Always show captions.

QUESTIONS:

1) Is the download freeware "ATube Catcher" better to use than "Free YouTube
Downloader",

i.e., does one give better quality downloads than the other?. ( Is there a
third freeware for downloading that's better than these two?)

2) No matter which particular freeware I end up choosing to download the
YouTube videos with, is it best to always Choose: "Download only, No
conversion"  , and then let my own DVD creating software (e.g. 'DVD-Flick')
perform any conversion(s) needed to create/burn the DVD?

OR, instead of selecting "Download only, No conversion", would I better off
in terms of final video/DVD quality to Convert to one of the many choices
the download freeware (e.g., "Free YouTube Downloader") offers me: such as:
"Convert To  AVI"; or "Convert To  MP4"; or "Convert To WMV"?

3) IF the answer to Question (2) is CHOOSE to Convert during the actual
initial Downloading instead of waiting to Covert with 'DVD-Flick', Then
Which file extension will give the better video Quality: .AVI ; Or .MP4; Or
.WMV?

Any other advice or feedback to obtain the best quality/looking DVD is
welcome.

Leo