Re: (TV) Tom's words on the '92 Television album

"It's odd, Tom muses, 'that in the 80's melody, more than ever, should have
 gone out the window, in the 40's, you had a melody that would float.  On
 this record that's definitely true of some of the guitar things I'm doing.
  I have no interest in going whacko-whammo with another guitar solo.
It's more , develop something that stays w/ the heart of a song'.

"I d
on't think I've written any melodies as good as most TV show themes in the
50's".-  Tom Verlaine