Re: (TV) 50 most NYC albums ever

The city still has its moments, and the list isn't all bad, but it could do with a sense of history that isn't New York Hipster. I was pleasantly surprised to see Simon and Garfunkle made the cut (I'm not a huge fan and I probably would have gone with their first album, but this was a legit choice. Any of their albums would have been.), but no Doo Wop, Girl Group, Dave Van Ronk, or Lovin' Spoonful? I know that showing off that you've heard some Jazz and Latin music is cooler than referencing 50 and 60 year-old pop hits, but, for instance, "Be My Baby" is one of the most New York sounding records ever made. You can't really get more New York than naming your group after a street in the Bronx or having the first line of your song "I met him at the candy store," either.

I'm not sure the thing that makes Marquee Moon a New York record is the lyrical subject matter, but the album belongs there for whatever reason.