From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Leo
Casey
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 7:27 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Arrow Rerun #s / Brighton Parties / T.V.'s Complaint / Arrow Head
Too slow / RE: (TV) The man who recorded the original "Arrow" boot says:

I bought my first copy of the vinyl Arrow bootleg at Bleecker Bob's record
store in the Village around 1980. Each LP had a blank white cardboard
cover/sleeve and each sleeve was stamped with its pressing # (mine reads:
ARROW RERUN F.85 #1,001). It had incredible sound quality for a bootleg (and
I'm a hard grader).

I practically wore it out (have since gotten a newer copy on e-bay).  So, I
was very happy in 1982 when ROIR released the cassette version that
contained twice as many songs of the legendary performance of March 20,
1978, My Father's Place, Roslyn Long Is. But I was terribly disappointed by
the sound-quality of that ROIR cassette.  Nevertheless, I went thru/wore out
3 copies over the next 10 years.  :>) I also own the 2001 double vinyl
version and the 1999 remastered cd version (and Rovner's The Big One's
'Arrow Head').

At one point, a couple of days before one of my infamous dance-parties in
Brighton/Boston in 1982(which always featured lots of Television, Verlaine
solo albums, and Roxy Music), I attempted to create a Reel-to-Reel Teac
recording for the party, which "grafted" Lloyd's incredible, extended solo,
on the ROIR cassette version of 'Ain't That Nothin'', onto the studio LP
version by using my using my cassette deck and turntable.

RE: There's an old Tom interview somewhere where he says the ROIR CD of "The
Blow Up" that came out later after the cassette was "completely illegal."

I find this all somewhat strange and confusing since the **1999 remastered
cd** and 2001 remastered vinyl of "The Blow Up" both have on them: "All
tracks selected by Tom Verlaine" and both are ROIR official releases.

Maybe the answer is that *1992 cd* (and 1992 double LP) of The Blow Up are
from a company/entity called Danceteria, DANLP030, France (and DANLP030,
France, 1992).  Although, they have written on them: "Licensed from ROIR",
maybe Danceteria's cd (and LP) were illegal], and it's Danceteria's cd (&
LP) about which T.V. was complaining.

The Arrow Head bootleg version of the March 20, 1978 show has an incorrect
speed, (it's too slow, needs its speed increased by 1.6%). This can be
determined easily by comparing the song-length of 'Marquee Moon' on the
remastered 1999 commercial (official) release cd with 'M M''s song-length on
the Arrow Head boot.

On the 1999 remastered cd, 'M M', just the song itself (i.e., not counting
its track's silent lead-in) is 14:43.5 versus 14:57.6 on the Arrowhead
bootleg version. (With both endings occurring with Ficca very short
drum-roll followed immediately by a final click of the drum-sticks.)

Leo