Re: Arrow Rerun #s / Brighton Parties / T.V.'s Complaint / Arrow Head Too slow / RE: (TV) The man who recorded the original "Arrow" boot says:

Leo:
I located the article where Tom calls a ROIR CD release of "The Blow
 Up"   "completely illegal."  It's from Melody Maker, May 19, 1990, one
 of the articles among that collection I upped links for here a few times:

(Here's the link again for anyone here interested who missed it before:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/p6aGwLm6/Tom_Verlaine_Television_etc_Ar.html

Or, a tinyurl version of the same link:
http://tinyurl.com/ayqlhjy
t has about 60 articles dating from 1974 [Patti Smith's early review] to 19
90 I collected)

QUOTE: "The release of Television's 'The Blow Up' sess
ions on ROIR CD is a matter for some displeasure on Verlaine's part. He des
cribes the release as 'completely illegal' and promises that legal action w
ill follow."

That's all it says about it. So, evidently he was referri
ng to an earlier CD release rather than the '92 or '99 ones you refer to. I
 recall seeing the CD in a local store around that time, 1990, or late 1980
s. Maybe they got legalities sorted out after that for subsequent releases.

-Bob

On Monday, February 24, 2014 4:53:17 PM, Leo Ca