From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Leo
Casey
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:55 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Television DVDs of Majority of 2013 Tour Can Be Downloaded
Here (+ several Bonus DVDs): Grand Tot. 84 videos on 16 DVDs

The link below will lead you to the specific links to downloadable VOB files
with  which you can burn your own copies of the DVDs. The thirteen 2013
shows range from April 17, 2013, Sao Paulo, Brazil through November 30,
2013, The Rough Trade Store, Williamsburg, Brooklyn. As a bonus, DVDs were
created of Television Mk iv's short July 2011 Tour of Brazil, and includes a
DVD of an often hilarious 4-Part MTV-Interview with TV and members of the
band in Brazil. An additional bonus is a DVD of a great 13-Part Interview
with Richard Lloyd in March 2013, and a 'Smorgasbord' DVD of several
Electric Duos of Verlaine & Rip from 2006 thru 2010. (This results in a
total of 58 videos from the 2013 Tour, and another 26 from the 2011
mini-tour and other bonus stuff, for a Grand Total of 84 videos and 16
DVDs).

Keith volunteered to create some nice artwork for anyone who opts to use DVD
cases. He was very gracious to create a page on his website, The Wonder,
which contains the links to the downloadable VOB files. Go to:
<http://www.thewonder.co.uk/dvd/> http://www.thewonder.co.uk/dvd/

However, any potential mistakes or technical problems with the files
themselves are my responsibility (and not Keith's), and any complaints,
e.g., about how I chose to group the shows, or their quality, etc., should
be sent to me at: LeoCasey@comcast.net (or if you prefer, just post them on
either of our two Television Mailing Lists)..

"This case, this case, this case that I've been workin' on so long ...."

I had this idea (maybe compulsion might be a better word?) back in early
February to try and find the best quality version of each of the many
YouTube videos from Television's 2013 World Tour, then create DVDs of the
shows, and eventually to upload the files to some internet site to share
with members of both Mailing Lists.

Initially, I did not possess very user-friendly nor the most efficient video
downloading software; so, the project ended up taking much longer than I had
anticipated. I had to redo most of them in an iterative process to guarantee
that I actually possessed the best looking/sounding version of each video.
Many of the original source-videos (that were subsequently used to create
the burnable VOB files) were of very good to great quality (e.g., 1920x1080,
and although always lossy had pretty good audio).  Of course, some, due to
being shot by an audience member's very cheap cell phone, were not so great;
however, for the sake of  'completeness' all have been included. In a few
instances, a YouTube video was/is only a relatively short segment, or it
cuts at the end. Nevertheless, again, for 'completeness', it has been
included as part of the set of DVDs. The order of songs within each show has
been given the order of the original set-list if known, or reconstructed
from e-mails of M M and Television-Group members.

Because, for some dates on the 2013 Tour, there existed on YouTube only a
couple

of videos, the resultant DVDs (.Vob files) were put in groups of three.
Because of space limitations on the DVDs' artwork, and to avoid getting
bogged down with too much detail, individual track's/song's times have been
omitted. Anyone wanting these or other technical details (or individual
concert info/descriptions) on any show can contact me for them via the above
e-mail.

The links are on Keith's The Wonder, BUT the files themselves are hosted on
Zippyshare. It was chosen because, although they might have a limit of 200
MB per file, there is no need to be a member of Zippyshare in order to
download at high speed (unlike other file-sharing systems which penalize
non-members by limiting them to very slow download speeds)..

Finally, I want to thank Keith for his help, advice, and suggestions,
without which I would never have finished this project.

Leo

---