On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:39:30 -0400
Dave Marin <dwmarin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could never get my head around this FLAC, TORRENT, DIME stuff.  I'm an old school MP3 guy.
> Dave

MP3s suck.  Depending on how they're converted from the original, they
lose some to a lot of the signal and can have audible distortion.  (I had
gotten Sirius XM for free when I bought my car and found their stream sounded
so bad I couldn't listen to it without cringing.)

FLAC is just another compression method, but it's lossless so that it sounds
like the original WAV files.  Just about any program you use to play MP3s
should be able to handle FLACs, but if not we can make some recommendations.

It's really worth the time to get FLACs playing on your system.