Re: (TV) Television

Have to agree with Joe here. Dennis - no reason to leave, there are different people with different opinions on the list (and at least and Joe and I agree with you).

I would be surprised that Billy and Fred (and Jimmy) are doing this for the money, if they were, they certainly are not doing it in any sort of efficient way (they play very small venues like Rough Trade (I think capacity is less than 300-400) in NYC), they have zero merchandise to sell, they play one single show at Irving Plaza.

Anyway, if you really can't stand the idea of Television without Richard, then I am afraid that your enjoyment of Television is confined to recordings from the past. Otherwise, even Richard says that the original agreement was that the band can continue to use the name Television as long as 3 out of 4 original members are in the band. If the name doesn't matter that much to you, then whatever the group of 4 people that play together songs previously performed by a band called Television, well, they are a great band. Actually, I thought that on Sunday night, it was Billy who really held the band together - Fred lost sound for a few seconds, Tom's hand cramped up, Jimmy was fine, but Billy's drumming was outstanding. If I were to hear them play for the first time, I would have probably thought, "oh, Television, it's that band with the really great drummer."