Re: (TV) Television

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:46:35 -0500
"Dennis D" <dend@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm going to bow out of this thread because I like both Richard and Tom and
> I'm not going to defend one and slag the other. In fact it may be time to
> leave the list.

Dennis, I certainly hope you don't leave the list!

We may get a little frustrated about the band's situation, but the fact is
that Television's always been Tom's band.  When Richard left, he did so
without animosity to go in his own direction, and everyone wished everyone
well.

I know we all would love to see Richard play with TV again, but that's not
likely to happen.  We'd all like to see another album as well, but that too
is unlikely.  We're fortunate that we have 3 out of the 4 still performing,
and that Jimmy is a talented guitar player who is slowly but surely making
the parts his own.

Tom and Richard both have their eccentricities, but would the music have been
the same if they weren't?  I doubt it.  As we enter the new year and hope for
good changes, we can be happy that we can still hear both these fine guitar
players making music.

Happy new year all!