Re: (TV) Television

On 31/12/14 17:47, leif joley wrote:
Also surprised by the notion that Lloyd should've "outplayed" Verlaine in s
hows during the 90s and 00s. People must've paid a bit too much attention t
o Lloyd's much more aggressive soloing style,
I always felt that, live (the only way it really existed after '92), Television was Lloyd's band. Verlaine, whenever I saw them, just seemed to be taking the money and coasting. Even more, now.

Whose idea was it that they should play small venues, have no press, no new recordings out etc? I mean really, does anyone think it's up to Fred or Billy? Who do you imagine decides whether or not they go to Australia or Japan
and gets most of the money? Not Tom's old buddy Jimmy Rip, I'm sure.