Re: (TV) Television

Just had dinner with a 19-year old girl in NYC, and true story, she asked, "Who's REM?" And I always heard REM reference Patti Smith way more often then Television, in terms of crediting influences.
      From: Phil Obbard <pobbard@gmail.com>
 To: "tv@obbard.com" <tv@obbard.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:01 AM
 Subject: Re: (TV) Television

I love "Days", but wouldn't REM (who cast a big net for influences - check o
ut their possible first-ever set list at
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/04/05/rem-30th-anniversary-concert-st-
marys-church-athens-georgia/) likely cite "See No Evil" as their favorite Te
levision song? They covered it, after all (as did the dB's). In fact, off th
e top of my head, I can't think of any covers of "Days" by anyone... (And to
 my ears, it's "Glory", not "Days", that predicts the 80s indie sound of ear
ly REM).