Re: (TV) Michael Carlucci

my first time in nyc, i went to his shop. he talked my ear off, and before i left gave me a bunch of gossip along w/ patti smith's home address (i guess it's safe to say that since he's dead). on another visit he showed me one of robert quine's telecasters. nice memories.

wonder what's in that spot now. seems like all the record stores are in brooklyn...

      From: Phil Obbard <pobbard@gmail.com>
 To: "tv@obbard.com" <tv@obbard.com>
 Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 9:05 PM
 Subject: Re: (TV) Michael Carlucci

Very sad news. As Joe mentions, Mike was once a list member. He also ran
Subterranean Records in NYC for many years, a mecca for Television fans
(and working the front counter, for a while: Patti Smith's son).

I spent countless hours in Subterranean c. 1999-2002 or so. Mike was always
generous with his time and music, opening my ears to all sorts of new
things. It was also on a visit to Subterranean that Mike first played me
the ADVENTURE outtakes tape (including the then-unreleased title track)
over the store's stereo system. It was walking home from Subterranean one
night in 1999 that I first passed Tom Verlaine on Greenwich Ave...

I haven't seen Mike in a decade or more, but have stayed in touch via
Facebook. A huge loss for his family and friends, I'm sure.

Phil