Re: (TV) New Ork Records 2 CD compilation

I got my pre-order a few days ago, and I have to concur. There a lot of
gems in here, and the book itself--while we've heard a lot of the
stories before--still has new things to offer.  Highly recommended.

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 3:56 PM, Phil Obbard <pobbard@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For those who don't have the set, you can now hear Richard Lloyd's
would-be
> solo debut single here:
>
> https://youtu.be/AUuszsapTJs
>
> And you can hear the better-known version, with Chris Stamey doing the
> vocals (and giving life to the dB's in the process) here:
>
> https://youtu.be/7Nml0v-GlHw
>
> Now go buy the Ork set! Feels like half this collection involves
Richard
> Lloyd in one aspect or another (performer, producer, writer, etc).
>
> Phil
>

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net>
wrote:

>> Phil,
>>
>> Thanks for the detailed info.
>>
>>        Leo

Phil
>> Obbard
>> Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 11:17 PM
>> To: tv@obbard.com
>> Subject: (TV) New Ork Records 2 CD compilation
>>
>> This comes with a very strong RECOMMEND from me:
>>
>> http://www.numerogroup.com/products/ork-records-new-york-new-york
>>
>> The 2 CDs alone would be worth it -- loads of vinyl-only rarities
finally
>> make it to CD (and some, like Richard Hell's debut EP, have never
sounded
>> better), but you also get what would have been Richard Lloyd's solo
debut,
>> the original version of "(I Thought) You Wanted to Know", before
Lloyd
>> replaced his vocal with Chris Stamey's (in order to escape Elektra's
wrath)
>> and gave birth to the dBs. (Stamey's version is also included here,
along
>> with both sides of Stamey's own debut 45, the b-side of which has
never
>> been on CD before). It's amazing to hear Richard's vocal on this
track, 37
>> years after it was recorded.
>>
>> BUT, the book included with the set is arguably superior to the CDs
>> themselves - it's a small, dense, hardcover affair with some amazing
photos
>> and plenty of info on Television and every other band in the Ork
orbit
>> between 1975-1980 or so. I've just started to dig in and won't be
putting
>> it down anytime soon. Well, except to spread the good word about it,
as I
>> am here!
>>
>> Interestingly, the set also puts a firm date on the recording of
"Little
>> Johnny Jewel": August 19, 1975. Looks like we just missed the 40th
>> anniversary of the official studio birth of Television.
>>
>> Phil

tv"

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com | http://onezeromusic.com |