RE: (TV) A newbie listens to MM

There will always be some kids who are into it.  Our current SPL in the scout troop (highschooler) is discovering all the stuff I listened to in the '80's.  Joy Division, Smiths, Clash, et al.  and into '70's stuff as well.  I gave him my copy of the Jim Morrison bio.

-----Original Message-----
From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of lizardcat
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 1:27 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) A newbie listens to MM

Wow, this girl did a lot of research for a band she didn't end up liking.
I have to say, I found her conclusions to be depressingly predictable. Don't know if any of you have kids or teens, but IME, rock to them is like ragtime was to us. They just don't listen to it. My oldest son's friend casually mentioned he was into Dire Straits, and I was so overjoyed that a young 'un liked a band with guitars that I overwhelmed him with suggestions...but no, he just likes a few Dire Straits songs. The stuff I suggested was "a little weird," he said.

Not sure whether there's a way to "fix" this situation or just ride it out. A couple of my kids like rock (the other hates it with a passion), but even they have fallen sway to the pop and hip hop that dominates the airwaves.

---