Re: (TV) OT Again: Good Bowie Bio? / 'Blackstar' FLAC?

Hi Leo,

As you can imagine, I've read quite a few of these books in the last 20
years. Most recently, I read Paul Trynka's "Starman" (2011) which was
fairly good and non-salacious.

On the Mashable link Dave sent, I've only read #3 (Nicholas Pegg's), which
is part discography, part analysis, part biography, and all awesome. It's
not a traditional read but once you start paging through it it's hard to
put down. Pegg has reissued the book several times over the last decade to
capture new developments; the most current one goes up through the TOY leak
in 2011. Hopefully there will be another one to capture THE NEXT DAY and
BLACKSTAR... and anything else they might (after a respectfully long pause,
I hope) let out of the vaults.

Still can't believe how much things changed in the Bowie world from the
elation of Friday and the weekend (new album, new direction, new videos,
etc) to Monday morning's dreadful news. Like my wife said, for us, it's
like an uncle we loved but only rarely saw has passed away unexpectedly.

Phil