Re: (TV) Q: Specific Error Message If Try To Copy Files Off-of a DVD

Hi Leo!

The DVD standard (as I understand it) is designed to prevent simple
file-level copying, just like CDs.  Just like CDs, however, you can use
other programs to extract the files and back them up wherever you'd
like.  I've found this one to be helpful:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Good luck!

> On Mar 23, 2016, at 11:54 AM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> Every time I try to copy Video files offof a DVD (e.g., files named
> VTS_01_0.VOB or VTS_01_1.VOB), I receive the following Error Message:

> "Cannot create or replace VTS_01_0.VOB. File system error
(-2147351799).'

> Is there a way around this Error/problem by downloading special
software
> ('Decrypter'? or other software?) to "rip" the files off the DVD to my
hard
> drive?
>
> Or do I have to resign myself that this particular error Message is
because
> the DVD's files are encrypted and there is nothing else I can do?
>
> Leo
>
> PS: The DVD in question is nota Television/Verlaine non-official
release (or
> an official release).

tv"

Maurice Rickard