Re: (TV) 'The Funniest Thing ' by Tom Verlaine

On 03/07/2016 03:19, Leo Casey wrote:
I found this very interesting, albeit depressing:

Indeed. Depressing in what respect though, Leo? It's certainly depressing to think that Tom V would copy Lloyd Cole's singing style.(Might as well criticise Cole for looking a bit like Elvis; he does, but I doubt that he set out to do so).

I've always thought that Verlaine's story about Cole coming up to him and him saying he hadn't the faintest idea who 'Lloyd Cole' was to be just another one of his convenient attacks of disingenuity.