New Year/Tech-Q: Freeware for Recording Video

Happy New Year.

Maybe T.V. will finally release the album of new Television material in 201.

(And maybe it will rain quarters!).

Can anyone recommend software (preferably freeware) that would allow me to record video off of the internet.

I already have freeware to record YouTube videos.

The non-YouTube video(s) I want to record is a short (11 min.) film that one can view on one’s PC screen by simply going to a particular website of a director .

(long dead), and then simply clicking on a link with the short film’s name. That link opens on that website a play-back screen that plays the short film.

Leo