Re: New Year/Tech-Q: Freeware for Recording Video

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 14:19:53 -0500
"Leo Casey" <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> Happy New Year.

Happy new year, Leo!

> Can anyone recommend software (preferably freeware) that would allow me to
> record video off of the internet.

> That link opens on that website a play-back screen that plays the short
> film.

You may be able to feed the URL to the playback screen to a program
like youtube-dl, which actually works with many different sites and
video types.

To record the screen directly, it depends on your computer.  If you use
Windows 10, screen recording is built-in:
   http://betanews.com/2015/07/19/windows-10-secret-screen-recording-tool/

For older versions of Windows, you can download one from MS:
  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2009.03.utilityspotlight2.aspx

Hope this helps!