Hell & Women / F Hopeless!

I sent this 3 days ago, but it never appeared ; so, I am resending .

(This is the 2nd time this has happened this month.  I ‘ll have to be more careful and check/inspect the MM Mailing List’s e-mail address before I post.)

Regarding :

> I finished Lloyd's autobiography late last year and found Hell's autobio a

couple weeks ago (along with Graham Nash's - which is also a page turner). I
was never into Hell, but I have new abiding respect for him. (Cool info
about Thunders, and Quine)  Not quite done with it yet but highly recommend
it (as I do with Lloyds). Fills in a lot of missing pieces. I wonder if
Verlaine has an autobiography in him?

I read both Hell’s book when it came out 6-7? years ago, and Lloyd’s about a year ago.

I thought both were very well written and interesting, but Hell/Myers came across as having  total contempt/ hatred [?!?] for women.

I got the strong impression that during most of his life he didn’ t really consider women to be people, but just objects.

If any women are still posting to the MM Mailing list, and by chance read Hell’s book, I’d be interested in hearing their reactions to it.

Re:   Verlaine and his musical output post-2008 (and “greatest -hits-tours w Television since circa 2015), to use my brother’s favorite _expression_:

“He’s fuckin’ hopeless!”

Leo