Re: Remembering Tom Verlaine

Second that. Is anyone aware of any sort of memorial in NYC?

On Jan 29, 2023, at 13:50, Phil Obbard <pobbard@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes - really well-said, Joe - that line about the Miller's Tale definitely got me.

There are friends in this group that I've been in touch with for almost 30(!) years now, and I am glad that I've managed to meet so many in person, too. One of the great things being a Television fan did for me was to connect me to fellow fans and to the music they love. It also connected me to the music that was influenced by Tom, Richard et al. Just this past month, Luna's been back on the road with "Marquee Moon" in their setlists. Alvvays has a new album out with a song entitled "Tom Verlaine". The music won't just remain; it'll go on and on.

I wrote-up some semi-organized thoughts on Verlaine and Television last night - I'll share it here in a bit.

"Thirty lights in a row,
Every one of them green,
How it reminds me
Of your souvenir from a dream..."

Now playing: the live b-side version of "Marquee Moon" from 1987.

Phil