Re: Remembering Tom Verlaine

On 31/01/2023 13:00, Phil Obbard wrote:
Yeah, I had the same thought. As I just wrote in another email, I don't think Lloyd and Verlaine were ever really friends (like Hell and Verlaine, or Verlaine with Fred Smith, Jimmy Rip, Patti etc). It's pretty clear that Verlaine was not an easy person to know - extremely private and guarded - and my guess is that it was possible to work with him but not really bond with him, if that makes sense.

"Some bands don't ever get along and they do fine. Some relationships are built where there's an incredible tension. [Television is a] musical experience of great strength, but that doesn't mean you all have to play poker on Friday night."

Richard Lloyd, The Hartford Courant February 2001

--
http://www.thewonder.co.uk/