Re: (TV) Verlaine in Portland Oregon

"MICHAEL CARLUCCI" <subterraneannyc@mindspring.com> wrote:
>     Has anyone started recording for the TV Tribute yet?  ...
> I'm beginning to feel like a slouch for not having my parts
> worked out.

I haven't begun yet either.  Well, not quite true - I have some old
tracks on the machine, but I'm not really happy with that version, so
it's likely that they'll never see the final version.  I'm also
trying to see if I can re-cast "Prove It" into another genre of
song.  It sort of defies the process, though!  My talent (or
lack thereof) may lock me into a sound-alike version.

>     Anyone heard the new Beck LP yet?

My wife hasn't let go of it yet :)  What I've heard is real good.
I'm surprised the guy's as big as he is - he clearly hates the
people in the industry.  The only answer I have is that the execs
are so dumb they don't even know when they're being skewered!

> Maybe he's not as talented as I think he is. Anyone? M T C

On the one hand, he is.  I can't imagine that he needs to borrow from
Lou.  On the other hand, he's got a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of
music that he draws on, and the VU must be in there.  "Countess" is
a pretty obscure track; it could be coincidence.