(TV) email

Once again, my account was hosed for the better part of two days (Emilie
is welcome to laugh at this one), so my apologies if anyone trying to
email me received bounces.

If it happens again, feel free to contact me at the other address,
maurice@greenmarketplace.com.

To keep this from being nearly completely pointless, I'll pick up Owen's
question from last week (at least I think it was Owen's), and say that I
hear more Trane than Monk in Tom's playing.  I've always heard Monk as
playing those weird intervals (lots of minor seconds, for example), which
someone once described as being the wrong note at the right time.  And
Trane had that modal thing in his '60s playing, much as Tom does a lot of
those modal solos.  Of course, nowadays I'm hearing more Roy Buchanan in
Tom's playing.

Anyone ever see the film _Straight, No Chaser_?  Fascinating
performance/documentary footage of Monk.

Maurice, who's been trying for years to work out "Brilliant Corners" on
guitar....

Maurice Rickard                       | "Multimedia will never go anywhere
Designer                              |  until the amateurs take over."
http://www.envirolink.org/maurice     |                     --David Thomas