Re: (TV) Finally a TV comparison that holds some water?

<Michael Cross
> <mike-tv@mjckeh.demon.co.uk> writes
> >PS A question for those of you who write/perform music... why is it
> >that people write tracks which contain oft-repeated phrases/refrains,
> >and then use some other phrase, which may not even be sung once, as the
> >title?
> >
> I used to do it just to avoid being obvious. Also known as just being a
> smart-arse.

That's mostly it.  Also sometimes the repeated phrase itself is
obvious or already the title of a well-know song.  OR you want a title
that reflects the overall thrust of the song, or its obscure
inspiration, instead of just the hook.  Also, a perhaps silly
promotional angle:  a song will get discussed for a few seconds longer
if someone says, for example "you know that song Everybody Must Get
Stoned" and somebody else says "but it's actually called Rainy Day
Women #12 & 35".  Once I did it so I wouldn't have a song with the
same name as my band.  Etc. etc. etc.

Mostly the smart-arse thing.

-Rex