Re: (TV) Qs: TV on Radio & Verlaine tour dates

I can speak a little about the Eels or just 'Eels'. It's essentially a
one man operation, the man being Mark O Everett - similar in the sense
that Giant Sand is essentially Howe Gelb and Sparklehorse is essentially
Mark Linkous. Eels are kind of punked out folk rock; kind a what you get
mixing Tom Waits with Capt. Beefheart w/ some PJ harvey and Neil Young
thrown in. Mark Everett, known as "E", kinda reminds me of Teddy
Roosevelt. His father was the famous quantum physicist Hugh Everett,
known for his "many worlds" theory of quantum reality ( there are an
infinity of Tom Verlaines, and you and me  for that matter). Check em
out here: http://www.eelstheband.com/
- Russ

Casey, Leo J wrote:
1) Regarding: "Television's Tom Verlaine signs on for ***celebrity** interview at prestigious June 2006 Toronto NXNE conference and festival

Is our shy /(and cantankerous[?]) Tom losing his senses?

2) Re: Tom Verlaine Tour: Mon May 15 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club w/ Megan Reilly Tue May 16 Philadelphia, PA - Theater of the Living Arts w/ Megan Reilly Thu May 18 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom w/ Megan Reilly Fri May 19 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom w/ Megan Reilly Sat Jun 10 Pittsburgh, PA - Three Rivers Arts Festival - WYEP Stage w/ The Eels 2a) Who is Megan Reilly? And would someone describe the Eels; I heard of
them before, but never heard their music?