(TV) RE: We Need More

Finally got 'SaOT' this afternoon.
  (Half assed listening at work)
  First impressions; disappointment at everything sounding so much of a piece with his earlier solo albums - I was expecting some more radical kind of change, after this much time. 'the earth...' and 'from her fingers' are almost humdrum. But there is a lot of delicate construction layered in here - lots of details that will reveal themselves over many listenings.
  I kind of like 'parade...'s mecanik disco.
  Just fastforwarded from track 8 to 'the day on you' to see what the fuss is about.
  Reminds me of the loping groove and Indian raga of 'Magic Tree'. It is cool.
  So great to hear Tom's singing again!
  I have to give this a proper cranking up at home ~ have nice weekends all y'all!

  I can't go to the DC show Monday - Herman and whoever else might be going - write us a review at least!