RE: (TV) RE: We Need More

Yep, I was a little underwhelmed first time I heard it, but give it a few
listens until the tunes sink in. it's a grower.

-----Original Message-----
From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of stephen
wilson
Sent: 12 May 2006 18:38
To: Marqueemoonlist
Subject: (TV) RE: We Need More

Finally got 'SaOT' this afternoon.
  (Half assed listening at work)
  First impressions; disappointment at everything sounding so much of a
piece with his earlier solo albums - I was expecting some more radical kind
of change, after this much time. 'the earth...' and 'from her fingers' are
almost humdrum. But there is a lot of delicate construction layered in here
- lots of details that will reveal themselves over many listenings.
  I kind of like 'parade...'s mecanik disco.
  Just fastforwarded from track 8 to 'the day on you' to see what the fuss
is about.
  Reminds me of the loping groove and Indian raga of 'Magic Tree'. It is
cool.
  So great to hear Tom's singing again!
  I have to give this a proper cranking up at home ~ have nice weekends all
y'all!

  I can't go to the DC show Monday - Herman and whoever else might be going
- write us a review at least!