Re: (TV) Question...Days on the Mtn/ The Miller's Tale

________________________________
Thanks Dave and Cliff for th
e info.  Cliff, I was wondering if anyone on the MM list here attended th
at show.  Actually Leo suggested the idea of Lene Lovich joining them, bu
t since they never (so I thought) have guest musicians (other than Patti) p
lay with them, I didn't think that seemed very likely.  I think her sax p
laying really added something to the song ending.  In fact, the sound of
it stayed in my head cuz I love that live version of the song so much.  A
nd too bad they mixed her singing out of Postcard, I would've liked to have
 heard that too.

Anyway, thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.
Just one of those things that had me curious.

Deb

I was at th
e gig. It was Lene Lovich. She also sang on Posctard From
Waterloo, but
was mixed out for official release of the concert.

Cliff

> I hear
 it.  Sound seems to appear at the 7 minute mark as well as the 9 minute
mark.  Certainly sounds like a sax mixed in with the dueling guitars.

> Looks like the band China Crisis opened these Verlaine shows at the ti
me, and a quick look at Wikipedia found that these guys had a sax player at
 about this time - 1982.  Possibly the sax player made a brief appearance
 to add some "color" to the song?

> Dave
>

> Sent
 from my iPad

@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> On the live version that they have of this
 song, 'Days on the Mtn' on The M
>> iller's Tale comp.  I hear a sax c
ome in near the very end of the song.
>>    Do other people hear it?
  I asked Leo before and he doesn't hear it.
>>    If you hear it,
does anyone know who is playing it or is it done electr
>> onically or ad
ded in later?

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
New revised pap
erback edition available from:
www.amazon.co.uk
www.amazon.com