Re: (TV) Recent acquisitions

Cliff,

Camden is an excellent place, probably the best in London for unofficial
recordings. I managed to get a copy of "Interference" on vinyl a year or
so there. A word of warning though to anyone thinking of trying their
luck - be careful how you approach people as they have had one or two
police swoops there in the past few years and people are,
understandably, suspicious.

Keith.

In message <200001051806.TAA90439@smtp2.volny.cz>, Cliff McLenehan
<klif@volny.cz> writes
>On 5 Jan 00, at 9:15, Jeremy Smith wrote:
>
>> Out of interest, where did you pick up the bootlegs from. I've always
>> bought my TV stuff from Subterranean in NY - it would be good to find a UK
>> source.
>
>Jeremy,
>
>I picked them up in Camden Town, London.
>
>If you go to the market which is on the opposite side of the road to
>Dingwalls Market (same side as Compendium Books, I think it's
>Lock Market), go down the entrance passage, turn left at the cafe,
>go straight on, right to the back of the covered section, you'll find a
>large stall selling books, records and CDs. Look for the photos of
>the owner with Keef and Ronnie. Ask (politely) there. They will be
>forewarned that hordes of Verlaine/Television fans may be
>descending on them.
>
>And if anyone from the BPI, RIAA or IPFI is listening in - screw you!
>
>Cliff

Keith Allison
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk