Re: (TV) Rest in Peace Peter Laughner......

At 2:52 PM -0500 1/14/00, Joe Hartley wrote:
I lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of years ('79-'81) which is when
I learned about Pere Ubu, Tin Huey, the Waitresses and such.  I have
a copy of the Akron compilation relelased by Stiff all those years
ago, and the scratch-n-sniff cover still evokes the wonderful smell
of downtown Akron!

Oh, yeah? Pittsburgh Filmmakers was where I first encountered Ubu. The films used to be booked by this guy who'd play interesting albums before the show, and I had to ask one night what the amazing tune was. It turned out to be "Laughing." From the time period, though, we wouldn't have crossed paths...

Then there's the Five, Carsickness, the Cardboards, Dress Up As Natives.... I could go on, but I'll spare the list.

Maurice Rickard                  | GreenMarketplace.com: Natural Products
http://www.greenmarketplace.com/ | for you and your planet.