(TV) another Verlaine cover..and a new thread???

Just got set Three on the Maria Mckee tree list today and it includes several
covers of everyone from John Cale to old Gospel hymns.   One song that I was
pleased to hear her do was Patti Smiths and Verlaines song Break It Up off
Horses.

So much talk on the list about Another Girl Another Planet that it reminded
me of a great cover that the Replacements did of it.  In an attempt to
perhaps start a new thread, what are peoples favorite cover versions???
off the top of my head here are some of mine.

Big Star's Ballad of El Goodo....Vanessa Paradis
Patti Smith's Free Money.....Maria Mckee
Dylans Knockin On Heavens Door....Television
Beatles Across The Universe.....Fiona Apple
Bowie's Ziggy Stardust....Nina Hagen
Television's Little Johnny Jewell.....Siouxsie and Banshees
Bee Gees Holiday....Claudine Longet
Kinks I'm Not Like Everybody Else....Boss Hog
Jim Carroll's It's Too Late.....Seven Year Bitch
Psycho(who's song is this??)....Elvis Costello

Jeremy US