Re: (TV) Sweet's picks for guitar, guitarists make a difference

Hey Andrew,

I agree it would be a better world if Sweet had made those choices(and more
appropriate, since he has used 2 out of 3 on his own records - not to
disparage the ones he did choose, of course, they're great to be sure),  but
I'm just curious, you'd put Lloyd on top of Quine and Verlaine? I think
Lloyd's a great player, no doubt, but I would argue he has not had as
profound an impact on lead guitar as either Verlaine or Quine. I love his
playing (been listening to "Alchemy" and Sweet's "Altered Beast" all day
today in fact-great stuff), but when I hear Tom or Quine, to me they sound
like almost noone else. What do you think?
Some guitarists I think made a big difference (no hierarchy intended):
Ron Asheton and James Williamson (I know the first Stooges has got that
incredible groove/feel, but those outtakes pre-Raw Power - I Got A Right,
Scene Of The Crime, Sick Of You, et al.- are incredible! Like the classic
Yardbirds/Stones meets Funhouse.)
Scott