(TV) jon langford;great Welshmen;it's been quiet

hello all,

For all of you who don't live in Chicago (I assume all of you who do already
know), do yourselves a favor and see the Waco Brothers when they come your
way. Frontman Jon Langford, founder of the Mekons, is a force to be reckoned
with, and the band rocks. They play, as stated earlier here, a cow-punk
hybrid, think the Clash meets Crazy Horse. Plus, the Wacos and the Mekons
both share drummer Steve Goulding as well, one of the greatest rock drummers
ever, and who has played on some of the most amazing tunes recorded in the
last 25 years (Graham Parker & the Rumour, "Watching The Detectives", "Heart
Of The City", as well as the Mekons "Rock 'N Roll" album and Jon Langford's
"Skull Orchard"). Goulding has great taste, too. Meeting him recently, we
discussed our mutual love for Television! He said Billy Ficca's playing with
Tom was as Mitch Mitchell with Jimi-they were meant for each other.
Langford was a university mate in Leeds with Gang of Four and was in the
first incarnation before forming the Mekons. He's truly one of the great
Welshmen, along with Tom Jones, John Cale, Dusty Springfield, & Dave
Edmunds. He has another distinction in rock and roll history as well.
There's a woman, living in Detroit, I believe, who took it upon herself to
make plaster casts of the manhoods of all of the rock stars she has
befriended. The winner, by a yard, Jimi Hendrix. First runner up, by a
stretch, Jon Langford.
in regards to how quiet it's been, Philip and I checked out Bibi Farber's
band this weekend in the East Village. They rocked, great two guitar sound
between her and Bob Bannister. Local singer/songwriter Patti Rothberg backed
Bibi on some newer cuts. Great power pop songs. We gotta get more people to
check her out, all you in the city, come on. Michael Olcsvary was there, and
he lives in Jersey!
See you,
Scott