Re: (TV) Pere Ubu's DUB HOUSING

It is a prime one. Ubu has that way of grabbing your brainstem and not letting go. I remember picking up my copy on vinyl some years back, and I went through the same thing for...must have been almost a year. It kept drawing me back in, and I get instant nostalgia. "On the Surface" has always been one of my favorites, along with the next few tunes: "Dub Housing" (Tom Herman's playing on that still thrills me), and the ultra-creepy "Caligari." "I Will Wait," "Dance Party," and "Blow, Daddy-O" always stick with me, as well.

When you get the Datapanik box set, I'd be interested in hearing if _New Picnic Time_ has the same effect on you as it did on me--it was the only thing that could get _The Modern Dance_ and _Dub Housing_ out of my head. Those three albums are masterpieces of American rust-belt junkyard surrealism. Enjoy.

-Maurice