Re: (TV) Pere Ubu's DUB HOUSING

Always love hearing Ubu talk! Fell in love with the original Rockets when they
opened up for TV at the Picadilly Inn. The original Hearthan 45s were, besides the
Ork stuff & a few local Clevo things (Styrenes, Gooses, Numbers Band, Akron's Clone
stuff) about the only independent vinyl around. They were my local bar band back in
Clevo, where, every Thursday at The Pirates Cove in the Flats ("New Wave Night"),
they would play 2 alternating sets with Devo for $1.50. I was too poor to afford it
(a miserable college student) so I'd help the band bring in the equipment! Nothing
quite so powerful as the original Ubu on stage.
     For Dub Housing the band would do "secret gigs" to practice doing the new
stuff live. These were what was known as "Ubu Dance Party".
"Philip P. Obbard" wrote:

> . I never realized that a line in"Life Stinks" was "I like the Kinks".

If I remember correctly, opening up the Rockets/TVshow was a film of The Kinks
performing Soap Opera!

Best,
Gary Mollica (liner note co-writer Datapanik Box)