Re: (TV) New Patti Album/Millers Tale cds

    Philip and I were just listening to it and I don't know if it really
sounds like 1,000 bluebirds singing. It could've been Lenny kaye or Oliver
Ray doing the guitar solo. There's no Verlaine signature sound or riff that
comes thru to indicate that it's Tom. Like to say that we were bowled over
but we weren't. Nice solo, but again, could've been anyone.

    Any of you ever heard the Bob McFadden 50's track "I Belong To The Beat
Generation"? There's a compilation LP with songs about the Beat Generation.
Let's just say that Hell didn't come up with this track completely on his
own. Philip's got an idea to sound scan it so y'all can hear it. I once
called Hell on the track and of course he admitted to it being plagerized.
Apparently Tom turned him onto the track and Richard just re-wrote the
lyrics for the new generation. But basically it's the same riff that TV
use and the chord structure is the same. A cool song. M T C