Re: (TV) Untrimmed posts

    I believe that this is a list where we support the band Television and
it's
various members which includes Richard Hell. Why wouldn't people get upset?
think it's perfectly normal. But as I recall it wasn't the musical
ineptitude of
Richard as it was his being a useless junkie as all junkies are useless.
That was
the problem. Yes, Television did improve, immenseley once Fred joined the
band. I
would be the first to admit that, however, to say that Hell was of no
importance to
Television or the history making of the Punk Rock era is ludicrous. Were it
not for
Hell there may not have been a Sex Pistols who's fashion sense they stole
from
Richard Hell thanks to Malcolm McClaren. Hell was much more influencial than
he seems
to be getting credit for from some of you. Like him or not, he was a leading
voice
of a very important scene. You don't think Johnny Thunders & Jerry Nolan
took him
into their band because he had the best dope connection do you? He was
adored
and people wanted to know what he was up to next. Hell will never have to
make
another record in his life, he already made his mark and statement with
Blank
Geberation which I'm sure will be an anthem for many generations to come. M
T C