Re: (TV) Blue Mask

What's on the demo disc? I am box setless.
In *my* collection the first three VU albums get the most spins, with Loaded
sometimes. But I'm odd.

Annie

1st disc is rehearsals with cale, morrison & reed working out proto-versions (some might say,
dylan-like) of what would be 1st album tracks & oddities.
interesting tho i wouldn't say crucial.

LOADED has come to be my favorite of the 4 records (tho what was later released as VU in the
80s is pretty awe-inspiring & comes close).
i understand all the problems people have with it, but i don't think reed was writing as
consistently & as consistently generous / humorous as he was on LOADED....
don't get me wrong....if there's one group that has rarely done wrong in my eyes, it's the
velvets... but there's something really groovy (in the musical sense) & lyrical,  in the way
reed lets songs & characters unfold on that record (tho history would have us believe doug
yule & steve sesnick arranged the final product).
i LOVE the cd reissue with demos, outtakes, alternates, etc.