Re: (TV) The Blue Mask & Quine

As someone who actually likes _Basic_, I have to agree that the drum machine is _way_ overmixed. For some reason, though, I'm able to get past that. There are some real keepers on that album ("Pickup," "Summer Storm," and another one I'm blanking on right now come to mind) if you can manage to ignore the drum sounds. It's also interesting because the playing isn't necessarily the kind of thing Quine's known for.

Anyone ever hear the album Quine did with Jody Harris from the Raybeats/8-Eyed Spy (at least, I think that was the LL band Harris was in)? Harris is another fine underrated player, for my record-buying dollar.

-Maurice