Re: (TV) Hell/Reed/Quine

> Richard Hell in April's MOJO talking about Quine's wonderful guitar on
> "Blank Generation":
>
> "To get the best solos out of Quine, I had to get him pissed off. So I'd
> find ways to get him annoyed, make snide comments about his playing, and
> he'd channel that aggression into the guitar."
>
> (Maybe, on "Blue Mask", working with Lou got him REALLY pissed off...?)

Nah, too early. Quine was in awe of the guy and the chance to actually work
with him. That alone was enough inspiration for Quine. There are some
bootlegs of Lou's '85 tour where Quine really takes off. This is when he
despised Lou. Quine had made up his mind that he would never play with Lou
again and so had nothing to lose. He played ferociously on the last leg of
that tour. M T C