Re: (TV) Richard T.

jpontrelli@nallmiller.com wrote:
> Now you can play exactly like Richard Thompson in a matter of only
> weeks!

Sheesh - I've been trying for years and I can't come close!  Now I
know what I've been missing.

<<< WARNING - GUITAR GEEKS ONLY AHEAD >>>

RT's got this amazing ability to split his right hand between the index
and middle fingers.  The thumb and index fingers work out the bass riffs
while the other three fingers play the chords or melody.  He often tunes
the low E and A strings down a whole step to more easily facilitate the
bass lines.  The result is that it often sounds like two guitars playing
together.  The amount of coordination required for this staggers me.

Never heard him?  Need an example?  I have for a limited time put an
MP3 of his "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" up on my website at
  http://zappa.brainiac.com/vbl.mp3

If you play, you gotta hear this.