Re: (TV) Lou Reed

One little note about Sweet Lou:

I remember reading in Rollin
g Stone one time about NEW YORK, that even though
the liner notes say that it's supposed to be listened to in one sitting, Reed
admitted that the tracks are actually NOT sequenced to tell a story. Reed said
they tried it that way, and it was just terrible. So, one of the engineers
said that he had learned a great trick over the years: sequence the album in
the order it was recorded in. Lou took the hint, and that's what you have today
(i.e. Romeo Had Juliet was the first track they did....and they muffed it-
which is also preserved on the record).

I'm not a huge Lou fan, but I am a fan of useless knowledge.

-Rob Chorba