Re: (TV) Lou's shoes

> From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com>
> Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:18:02 -0500
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) Lou's shoes
>
> "Whoop on me, sir, it spins from my mind" for the "Pardon
> me, sir" line in "Waiting for the Man." Or "What caused him share the
> poor girl rag" in "All Tomorrow's Parties."  Or "Don't take a walk;
> you need a square" in "Run Run Run," which also contains the glorious
> "Margarita Passion, they had to get her fixed."  For the record,
> whoever had to listen to the album to figure the lyrics out gave up
> for "Black Angel's Death Song."

    Before "Thought & Expression" came out, the only other way to get the
deciphered lyrics to Black Angel's Death Song was to get the Cabaret
Voltaire version of it. They included the lyrics on the back of their 45.
As far as the P.R.(Puerto Rican) Shoes from Waiting For The Man, even John
Cale never could get it right nor Bowie. It was always He-eeled shoes and...
Some of those lyrics are touch to figure out. Does anyone know exactly what
the line is in Run, Run, Run that comes after Take A Drag or Two? I've never
been able to figure it out. It sounds like Chase 5th Avenue though that
couldn't possibly be it. M T C