Re: (TV) Rock & Roll Animal Remastered w/Bonus Cuts!

---Philip wrote:

> Wouldn't it have been more sensible to just combine ROCK 'N' ROLL ANIMAL and
> LOU REED LIVE into a 1 or 2 CD set, and include bonus material at the end?
> Aren't those both from the same show anyhow? And a 2 CD set could be just as
> profitable.
>
> Record companies are manned by morons. RCA is no exception.

    Actually it was Lou Reed who was the moron here. RCA wanted to release
this as a 2 CD set, but darling Lou said no way. Reason being is that the
royalty rate is different. He'd stand to lose a substantial amount of money
that way. That's the reason Bruce and Guns and Roses released 2 separate
LP's when they had 2 LP sets to be released a few years back. I don't recall
the titles but it was the follow up to "Appetite for Destruction" and
Bruce's "Lucky Town" and "Human Touch". I do agree after repeated listenings
today, the bonus tracks shoulda been added at the end, they definitely break
up the flow. That Lp was magically sequenced, now it's been tampered with
and has some flaws. Not to mention there are mistakes that are plainly
obvious. It's lost it's appeal for me anyway. Too bad. M T C